Here comes Battlefield 3

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Re: Here comes Battlefield 3

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

[JiF]Lt Gav wrote:The agreement did say that you would be banned from EA games servers, although quite how thay would enforce that I don't know.
I guess if you have other games linked to your EA Account you won't be able to play those with the banned account
Here's a bit more info: http://www.gamersbook.com/scene/news/ba ... nts_page=1

I thought it was strange that he didn't cover up his name, I thought maybe he had permission from EA but I guess he was just stupid ;) . EA may take legal action. So you guys that are doing alpha, if somebody asks you about it just say "Alpha? BF3? what's that??" :lol:
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

[JiF]Lt Gav wrote:Yup I'm playing.
I played until 3.30 in the morning, in & out to make reports to the forum.
Origin name = Lt-Gav
Awesome, just added you, mines ctrice

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]EA
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]EA »

Alpha had some serious issues... to be expected I suppose. It was only one map, and I'm sure they will hammer it out in the next few months. I'm also not a fan of the browser based authentication. Does anyone know if this is a permanent feature?
I'm working on solving the gas crisis.
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

[JiF]EA wrote:Alpha had some serious issues... to be expected I suppose. It was only one map, and I'm sure they will hammer it out in the next few months. I'm also not a fan of the browser based authentication. Does anyone know if this is a permanent feature?
I've heard there will be both game launcher and Battlelog.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

[JiF]EA wrote:Alpha had some serious issues... to be expected I suppose. It was only one map, and I'm sure they will hammer it out in the next few months. I'm also not a fan of the browser based authentication. Does anyone know if this is a permanent feature?
EA, I have been reading some forums (CT and the BF Blogs) and it looks as though this will be a permanent feature - apparently you can switch server whilst in game and it will reload - but I don't know how this would work to be honest

BF3 will NOT be available on Steam - it will be hard copy or DDL from Origin only - Also to play online with a PC you will need an Origin account (this will be the same as your existing EA account - including if you set one up for BF2)

Some disturbing hints that you will only be able to create one player - unlike BF42 where you could create as many names as you wanted you will instead be limited to a single persona - this could be due to the unlocks etc but does seem a little restrictive
So you will need to be careful if creating an EA account about the name you choose as you may well be permanently tied to it
Story

AND

Pre-ordering will allow you access to a number of unlocks - some are exclusive to EA Origin pre-orders but others are open to all
Pre-order Unlocks FAQ

Ranking and Medals

Here are the SPEC-ACT player skins that you get free if you pre-order:
US

Russian

Note that at this stage Online Multiplayer will only be US vs Russians despite Middle Eastern and Chinese factions appearing in the game - not sure about the Back to Karkand expansion pack though.

For those who live in Sweden there is an exciting opportunity at DICE -they need 14 testers to work with them for 3 months - almost makes me want to book a ticket
Job Opp

See the BF3 stand at Gamescom being constructed here - they are going to show off the Co-op mode and the Jets!
Video link

And finally a bit of sour news for those who bought MoH - Tier 1 to get access to the BF3 beta. This will be an open beta (more of a demo than a beta as you are under no requirement re. an NDA, nor is there a proper system to report bugs)
You will get exclusive access - but only for 48 hours before the beta goes public. Thats right - £40/$60 just to get access to a public Beta 2 days before anyone else. Anyone else glad they didn't buy it?
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

New Trailer Caspian Boarder: Don't forget to change it to 1080p and Full Screen!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDfPxF3EFE[/video]
Last edited by [JiF]CowHide on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

Why can't they remake BF42 with this engine?
Sorry i'm pissed because a spitfire would look and sound so good if it had Frostbite 2 engine.
I'll probably get BF3 now,if i can use XP.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

i think it is Vista minimum
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Yep sorry no XP, might as well get a W7 upgrade or better still a machine upgrade.
Of course the sound of a real Spit (or as close as they can get it) & those graphics would be just fantastic.
Unfortunately my graphics card couldn't cope with running it in 1080 mode, too choppy, so I had to scale it back, but as it's a laptop I've got no upgrade option.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

Are they going to let us use a joystik or make it impossible like they did on BFBC2?
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

[JiF]corn wrote:Are they going to let us use a joystik or make it impossible like they did on BFBC2?
Taken from Battlefieldo site:

GameStar.de interviewed General Manager of DICE, Karl Magnus Troedsson, during the Gamescom event in Cologne, Germany.

He talks mainly about the Co-Op mode for Battlefield 3, and mentions that there will be a mission where you and your friend will be flying a helicopter, where one will do the piloting and the other the shooting. KM also confirms (once again) that commo-rose will be in BF3 in its final release and that it will have joystick support!

http://battlefieldo.com/gamestar-de-int ... troedsson/

So it looks like YES to Joysticks! I'm sure Gib will be happy about that too. :)
Image Image
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Sounds like the old style Co-op that we know & love is going out the window to be replaced by a mission based version.
To me it sounded as though you were going to have to have at least 1 human with you to achieve some things, like simultaneous shooting of targets.
Anyone know if there will be a single player mode?
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Yes, Joystick support!

:pada: :thumbup:
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

[JiF]Lt Gav wrote:Sounds like the old style Co-op that we know & love is going out the window to be replaced by a mission based version.
To me it sounded as though you were going to have to have at least 1 human with you to achieve some things, like simultaneous shooting of targets.
Anyone know if there will be a single player mode?
Gav, Here's the Co-op Demo from the other day if you haven't seen it (this version is for PS3 so the PC should look even better).

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt_Dj4-RJu4[/video]

You ask if there's single player mode but I thought you would have seen the demo's for it by now that were out over a month ago or more. If you haven't seen these here they are. There's going to be a Full Single Player Campaign.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zw8SmsovJc[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGPNmGLFFcE[/video]
Image Image
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Thanks for the clarification Cowhide.
I'd just assumed they were all part of a gameplay they had mocked up for early release to whet people's appetite.
However it is going to be exactly like BC2 & MoH where you have to play through a fixed routine.
I guess what is good about BF42 & BF2 is you can play a map in single player mode exactly how you wish, you don't have to follow the set path!