Panzer Corps!

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF]Gib

Panzer Corps!

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Hey Lordz Studio's invited me to be a beta tester for their remake of Panzer General called Panzer Corps!

Here's a link, should be out in a few months hopefully:
http://www.thelordzgamesstudio.com/site ... zer-corps/

Installing it now and will give an After Action Report(AAP) for those interested in turn based strategy games.

Gib

-- Tue May 17, 2011 5:25 pm --

I started the 1939 campain and blitzed through Poland as expected. I only got a margincal victory as I took time towards the end to make sure all my units were at full or elite full status(from their earned experience) and to upgrade items for the next map(core units carry over, which rocks). Since it was a marginal victory I didn't earn the right to attack Norway(this is the path to operation Sealion), and it took me to map 3 - the Low Countries.

If you pick the wrong core units, it will make the following maps hard. In another campain i started i blitzed poland as fast as possible. This gave me a Total Victory and opened up the Norway map. I ended up bying 3 Strategic Bombers to help my Kriegsmarine destroy the British fleet defending Norway but that ended up being bad for the low countries map and could not beat that map with the 3 bombers in my core units.

Myself and others told the devs to allow the dismissal of units and get back some Prestiges(money for units) so that you can be flexible each map and they agreed.

So far its been alot of fun and I am a big time TBS fan.

Graphics and interface are A grade, no manual yet but thats because its Beta.

Gib