[SOLVED!] Getting BSOD on BFBC2

Speaks for itself
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

[SOLVED!] Getting BSOD on BFBC2

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

Hey,

So.. I got Bad Company 2 recently. But I get Blue Screen Of Death(s) after playing for a while. (15-20 min.)
I do not get this with any other games, so it's not a general computer malfunction, but something BC2 does not approve of, lol. Temps while playing are fine.

System Specs & units:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Gainward GTX 470 (Non-OC)
i7-950 3,06Ghz
Corsair 6GB 1600Mhz
Gigabyte GA-X58-USB3
Corsair HX 750W
BenQ 21,5" LED G2222HDL 1920 x 1080
Samsung DVD±RW burner, SH-S223C
Microsoft SideWinder x6 Keyboard
Sharkoon Fireglider Mouse

What I've tried so far:

Checked system temps, which are fine.
Re-installed game.
Re-installed game and chosen a different authentication method. (Online to CD authentication)
Updated Punkbuster.
Disabled onboard sound device (Realtek HD Audio) via BIOS and only used my Logitech G35's sound driver.
Updated sound & Graphics drivers. Current GPU driver is v270.51.
Used Windows' Memory Test. No error detected. Haven't bothered with Memtest 86+, since if one of my memory modules had an error, I'd get BSOD on other games aswell. Atleast while rendering on Sony Vegas Pro.

So, right now I have no idea what to do. It's an awesome game and I want to play it. I've thought about contacting EA Customer Support, but they'd probably give worse solutions than you would, and it'd take longer time to get a response from them.

I'll post whatever logs you desire, as long as you show me how to post them ^^

Thanks in advance :D
Last edited by [JiF]Cesar on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]Top321us
Forum User

Re: Getting BSOD after playing BFBC2 for about 15-20 min

Post by [JiF]Top321us »

Cesar
When this happens and you restart the game does it then take another 15-20 min to blue screen or does it do it right away?

-- Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:51 pm --

Have you also looked at your GPU temp as well as CPU?
What about a memory test on the Graphics card?
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

[JiF]Top321us wrote:Cesar
When this happens and you restart the game does it then take another 15-20 min to blue screen or does it do it right away?
When it happens, my computer restarts, and if I start the game again, it takes 15 min again.

Also, it's 15 min of constant gameplay. Meaning, that when I'm in the game menu, or if the server switches map, I do not get BSOD. I have to play 15 min on a map. It's like it resets if the map changes. That's why I thought it was the temps. But CPU never exceeds 50 degrees celsius. GPU is about 60-70 degrees. It's a GTX 470 anyway, so it's designed to run at a bit higher temps. I've tested the temps with HW Monitor. I check after 10 min of gameplay and as close as possible to before it crashes.

-- Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:54 pm --

How do I take a mem test on the GPU?
Last edited by [JiF]Cesar on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debu ... bfbc2.html Look at that. it seems like some people have a problem with a version of pb. it may help to look through that forum
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

[JiF]Smuckers wrote:http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debu ... bfbc2.html Look at that. it seems like some people have a problem with a version of pb. it may help to look through that forum

Thanks Smuckers!

Gonna try and delete EasyTune 6, as it seems that is the solution. I've always used ET6 while playing games (It's mostly an overclock software, but I use it to control the CPU fans)

I'll let ya know.

-- Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:29 am --

Yup, seems to be fixed :D

Thanks again Smuckers!
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫