new desktopparts

Speaks for itself
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Re: new desktopparts

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

[JiF]Riceman wrote: This is a great build, but you might want to see about how much power those cards will consume. If you're running a high-end cpu, large amounts of ram, big HD, and two GPUs it might overload the PSU. It never hurts to get a nice sized PSU or to spend a little bit more on a name brand. 650W should be enough but it never hurts to get more, just leaves room for more upgrades.
Ok, thanks. I can choose 800W from the same producer, or a Chieftec, 750W, CFT-750-14CS that's actually cheaper than the MIST 650W.

Is the Chieftec "bad"?

Btw, just ordered this:

Gnome, fikk den for totalt 300kr. fra multicom. 7 buttons, 6 of them programmable.
Last edited by [JiF]Cesar on Tue May 25, 2010 11:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

[JiF]Cesar wrote: Gnome, fikk den for totalt 300kr. fra multicom. 7 buttons, 6 of them programmable.
Wow! Looks really nice!

BTW, why were you writing in a mixed Norsk-Engelsk? ;D Googletranslator?
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

I don't think anyone other than you would order something from norway. But I wanted to say to everyone that it had 7 buttons xD
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

I've never heard of that brand but I'm sure you'll be just fine. 800 will be plenty. Nice mouse btw!

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Lonewolf
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lonewolf »

Cesar, I would suggest no smaller then an 850W psu and go with either Enermax or PC Power & Cooling. I know there is prob a few here that knows more then me about ATI cards as I don't mess with them but I can tell you that my 6400 X2 with a GTX260 and 9600GSO and 6GB ram along with my hard drives and water cooling pulled 890W. I never skimp on a PSU no matter what, I will cut back on something else just to make sure I get a top quality PSU because all of your hardware depends on its quality for how long all of the hardware will last.

I had just upgraded to a Quad core last week and now I'm over 900W. Water cooling does pull a lot of juice but I run a 1kw psu and will need to upgrade this summer to a 1200W when I add the second wc kit to just cool the vid cards.

If you get a quad core AMD try to with a black edition as they are unlocked and can be OC'ed real easy.
You must be young and stupid before you can be old and wise.
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

Ok, thanks for the head's up, Lone. I could go with a Corsair HX1000W (The HX sounds really pro :P), or a MIST 1000W. I could also go with MIST/Corsair 850W. I know Corsair is a more known and "decent" brand, but it's more expensive. So if I pay more only for a name, I'll go with MIST.

Or, I could buy a power supply separate from the "PC-builder".

Btw, The GPU's Producer is PowerColor, and not ATI, XFX or Sapphire. Does it matter? There aren't any performance differences?
Last edited by [JiF]Cesar on Fri May 28, 2010 2:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

There's no big diffrences. BTW, ATI is the AMD graphic cards.

Look what i found when i cleaned up at our attic!
The Razer Habu
The Razer Habu
I got a shock when i saw that!
Razer Habu, 7 of 7 programable buttons, lighting up, 2000dpi, gold on the USB and really sexy right? :shock:
[JiF]Lonewolf
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lonewolf »

[JiF]Cesar wrote:Ok, thanks for the head's up, Lone. I could go with a Corsair HX1000W (The HX sounds really pro :P), or a MIST 1000W. I could also go with MIST/Corsair 850W. I know Corsair is a more known and "decent" brand, but it's more expensive. So if I pay more only for a name, I'll go with MIST.

Or, I could buy a power supply separate from the "PC-builder".

Between those 2 PSUs I would go with the Corsair as it has 2 separate 12v rails instead of the 4 virtual 12v rails. The overall build between the 2 is decent but the Corsair edges out the MIST when you get to the 12v rails which makes the Corsair the better of the 2. The MIST uses 4 virtual rails which in effect is 1 12v rail split into 4 and then saying it has 4 12v rails which it don't. Either one would be ok but for me I would just go with the Corsair. Check out some reviews on both of them but make sure the reviewer uses a PSU load tester when reviewing. If you have trouble finding a review which used a load tester let me know and I'll see if can find one.

PowerColor is the same as XFX, Sapphire and others, all they do is build a specific card and then use either an Nvidia or ATI GPU on the card.
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

I think i should go for a Phenom II X4 965 Black edition, Ati HD 5670 1gb, Kingston ValueR. DDR3
1333MHz 6GB(2GB x 3), CL9 but im stuck between WD 750GB and the Green Power version. I know the greenpower version is ''greener'' (im trying to say tnat its greener in the nature) but its also cheaper, but its only 15 dollars less. Original or green power?
[JiF]Lonewolf
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lonewolf »

If the specs are the same between the 2 then go with the green as they do have less power consumption.
[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Daterminaytah »

[JiF]Lonewolf wrote:If the specs are the same between the 2 then go with the green as they do have less power consumption.
LTNS!! lonewolf :P ya gotta come shoot at me.... and VERY nice mouse gnome :)
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

Thanks Dather! :hug:

Lonewolf, they both look identical but some of the specs on the greenpower version is not written :(
Should talk to my friend about the difference later.
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

Gnome, look at this: THIS

Alt du trenger å kjøpe er et OS.
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

O M G Image

Thanks, you've found something really intresting! Should take a closer look later.

Thanks champ! :thumbup:
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

Friendly BUMP for Gnome-Father!
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫