Red Faction: Guerrillia

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF]Lonewolf
Forum User

Red Faction: Guerrillia

Post by [JiF]Lonewolf »

Anyone tried this yet? I have played some yesterday and its not to bad so far. Its an action game but its a cross between RPG and FPS in 3rd person view.
You must be young and stupid before you can be old and wise.
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Re: Red Faction: Guerrillia

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

No, but maybe Kyle has. He was talking about it on TS one day.
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]Kyle
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Kyle »

Yep you're right! I got it and I'm nearly done with the campaign... :roll:

To be honest, Lonewolf: I find it revolutionary. I mean it's not about high end effects and such, it's simply the physics stuff. You can blow up or even sledgehammer apart buildings in any way you like - and it looks believable. A completely destructible environment so to speak. Never seen it that great in any other game so far. I also like the atmosphere, the design and the gameplay itself, it's just helluva blast!!! :D literally...

For those who haven't heard about it yet: It's a third person shooter set on Mars somewhere in the future. Colonists are being oppressed by some military regime called the EDF (Earth Defense Force). This is where the resistance group "Red Faction" comes in. After seeing your brother die in EDF fire, you join the group and start doing your new "job": guerilla warfare. Now you blow up buildings, ambush convois, sabotage planes and all stuff that helps your group gain power and that is needed to finally free Mars. So you have nonstop action fighting the EDF, and staying alive of course. The map is completely open to be discovered (provided certain progress in the campaign), many optional missions can be done along the way. Warning: "Fighting" here includes smashing people with sledgehammers, stucking expacks onto them and some more evil stuff. Depends on how you play the game of course and the character models still stay in one piece. Anyways, if you have a weak heart, a sensitive mind or are under 15 / 16 years old I wouldn't recommend it... :lol:

One problem I see with the PC version is that it has some really tough hardware requirements. So you better check that carefully before buying it. ;) I've also seen and played the Xbox version before, nothing to worry about with that one however.

Have fun!

Kyle
"I divide the world into two kinds of people: those who like me - and those who can got to hell..."
[JiF]Blind Trooper
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Blind Trooper »

Ooooo....this sounds like a lot of fun. I'd seen the game at Wal-Mart and Target, but didnt thinking anything of it. Now it's on my "To Play" list XD
"We are about to witness the inverse relationship between the number of answers you give me and the number of times I stab you." ~BM

[JiF]Kyle
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Kyle »

Yep, this is how I make the publishers earn money: Download a game for free and then recommend it to others who buy it... :lol:
"I divide the world into two kinds of people: those who like me - and those who can got to hell..."
[JiF]Lonewolf
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lonewolf »

Yeah I like how you can destroy things and its more realistic in its destruction. The destructible environment is what caught my attention over other games as I haven't seen any that is more realistic like Red Faction yet. I look for more game makers to try and follow their destructible environment before to long and it will make games more fun to play.

The main thing I don't like about it is the 3rd person view. I think you should be able to change the view like a few other games where you can select 3rd or 1st person view.
You must be young and stupid before you can be old and wise.
[JiF]Kyle
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Kyle »

[JiF]Lonewolf wrote:The main thing I don't like about it is the 3rd person view. I think you should be able to change the view like a few other games where you can select 3rd or 1st person view.
Got no problem with the 3rd person view myself, but being given the option to change it would be nice indeed. :)
[JiF]Blind Trooper
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Blind Trooper »

It depends on the game, personally. Games like Battlefront 2 (the Star Wars version of Battlefield) is excellent in third person. As is Elder Scrolls and Fable. But games like 1942, Halo, Fallout 3, etc etc, I do prefer the 1st person view point
"We are about to witness the inverse relationship between the number of answers you give me and the number of times I stab you." ~BM

Rred
Repeat Visitor

Post by Rred »

I rented it for a week, but after that i didn't want to play it anymore. It was an "easy" FPS in my opinion. The campaign was cool and interesting, so big. But I probably won't ever play it again after that.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

I D/L the demo for PS3
Its pretty cool, love the fact that EVERYTHING is destructible (Cept the mountains and floor), its a proper sandbox game too so you can go anywhere and kill everything.

Love the fact that you can stick expacks to people and watch them run for cover to shoot at you then BOOM!
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

Rred
Repeat Visitor

Post by Rred »

yea pretty great...smacking people with hammer is greatttttt
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

I've been playing this game on my friends Xbox while on holiday in the US, and I must say it's actually a hell of a lot of fun! Just love planting C4 on the EDF guys heads and watching them freak out before detonating them lol
Also been trying to get into BF1943 on PS3 but in my opinion it just doesn't come close to '42.
Just too much clutter on the screen to make the gameplay feel smooth.