Forum User

Trying to rescue bots...

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

...from their strange destinies in low gravity
[JiF]Navy_Seals
Forum User

Re: Trying to rescue bots...

Post by [JiF]Navy_Seals »

thats awesome bro what program you use to edit with ?
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I couldn't see the queues of cars that are usually on the road going past the henge!!
Loved the music oh & the video was good too.
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Wonderful!!!
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

Navy_Seals wrote:thats awesome bro what program you use to edit with ?
Well, I used FRAPS to record the shots and then edited in Magix Video deluxe 2008(silver edition).
It's a free download, but has limited functionality, a lot of fx and editing tools are disabled, but is still slightly better than Windows MovieMaker,
and the final picture quality is quite good, you can see on my video there was no pixelation - even after Youtubes horrendous compression ratios.
At the end of the day it's not WHAT you use but HOW you use it. Find a good soundtrack, clip all unneccesary gunk out of a scene, and synchronize the scenes to points in the music. Thats all I do.

Qualitywise, you need to record and edit in an optimal format. Be aware of your FPS during recording, and set your editing software to edit and export the footage at the correct resolutions and FPS.
When you post them on the internet, check the host sites (eg youtube) faq sections, these will recommend all the formatting settings for high quality videos, so you get a better result when your video is streamed on these sites.

Oh yes ... the music is by Vnv Nation and their song "Prelude". Two guys from England and Ireland who took an 80's approach to electronic music, but modernized it. (I'm a sucker for UK 80's style music :oops: )