map suggestion

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Re: map suggestion

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

[JiF]cannedcorn007 wrote:Make sure you type in your request in all caps.
He may be busy running or dodging bullets, and miss a regular type request. :lol: :lol:
I don't need to dodge bullets, I am so well hidden that the only time you lot get to kill me is when I move from one Hidey hole to another
or else I am typing when one of the sneaky lot (you know who you are) comes up behind and knifes me
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

Is Invasion of the Philippines in regular rotation or is it a request map?, I never see it played. Its the first map I ever played on BF1942.

P.S. I wonder why people hate Baytown so much...is it the size of map, tickets too high (takes to long), too boring etc. It's not my fav either but people seem to grip when it comes on.

Cheers,

.oO CowHide Oo.
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]Blind Trooper
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Blind Trooper »

Mostly because once one side has taken the opposing teams top base, it's an annoying map. They have an uphill battle to fight with two bombers blowing them all sorts up (so tanks are ni-impossible to use if they have a good pilot or two). While this may seem like any other map (Tobruk, etc etc), the way the land is set up in that bowel shape really makes the difference. And is therefore a despised map.
"We are about to witness the inverse relationship between the number of answers you give me and the number of times I stab you." ~BM

[JiF]Tamedgloryson
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Tamedgloryson »

just ask for it in game and they might put it next
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Philippines is one of those large maps that need a good number of players to make it worth playing. That said it is liked by most people & we haven't played it in a while so maybe coming to a server near you soon! :D
suntzu
Repeat Visitor

Post by suntzu »

my ideal maps:

mimoyeques
wake
phillipinnes
algheila
telemark
husky
santa croce
hellendoorn
(baytown and battle of britain i just dont even know what to do and where to go !!!:-))

i like those maps cause they are big size, and more diversified than others(santa croce not so much)
telemark is incrededibly diversified to me
algheila is really fun and have hellicopters (which by the way i never use :-)
phillipine has boats, planes, tanks , snipe paradise and give the impression of fighting in a holydays resort :-) I love phillies
I think map that allows the maximum of diferrent location to fight and diversity about how to get flags and angles of attacks are the most interesting (phillies, hellendoorn, telemark)
santa croce is great when both teams have at least 1 top flag so that the whole game does not stay around ally main base (boring!)
for close combat pure fight, i think stalingrad and tobruck/battleaxe are okay (stalingrad more than berlin)

the more a map is open, with different roads, and ways to conquer flags, the more it is fun
as counter example, husky (that i love) and santa crocce can really get boring if allies dont succeed in getting top flags
suntzu
Repeat Visitor

Post by suntzu »

I think that algheila is really a fun map
most of players love this map
and lot of players also don't know this map, when they discover it they love it

it's definately, i think, a map to include in your server
if you happen to fight me please be fair!!:-)
I am a semi-noob :-)
(discovering italian maps, not able to play in plane, bad mouse/keyboard etc ...)

best vibes

-=suntzu=-
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Thanks for your input Sun,

anytime you want a map it is fine to ask a JiF member to load it up,
if there are no objections then we are happy to do so.

there are plenty of posts about different maps here and some tips and techniques on flying etc
have a search throught the BF1942 section of the forum and you will find them
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Sun -- my favorite map list is a lot like yours.

On the other hand, my least favorite maps are:

Kharkov
Kursk
Battleaxe

Why? They too often result in one side pinned in its main base under constant bombardment by tanks, Wespes/Katyushas, and planes and unable to escape.
suntzu
Repeat Visitor

Post by suntzu »

hi

map suggestion ?

more of algeila
more of hellendoorn
more of mimoyecques
motre of wake
more of phillies
more of telemark
more of husky
more of salerno

less of the others ..:-)

lot of time i find myself quitting this server to avoid 30 minutes waiting on useless maps like midway (useless for me),
and then happy to get in telemark and this map disappear in 2 minutes by un-even teams game ..:-

less of midway
less of guadalcanal
less of el alamein
less of market garden
less of gazala

my ideals:
conquest:
stalingrad
husky
mimoyecques
wake
telemark
phillies
hellendoorn
eaglenest
santo croce
tobruk

globally:

more road to rome
more arsenal secret
less regular maps that are more boring (alamein, midway, guadalcanal, kursk, karkov, battle of britain ...) i generally quit the server when those maps arrive...

best vibes

sun
suntzu
Repeat Visitor

Post by suntzu »

hi again,

i also feel like lot of games loose their fun because of continuous plane bombing.
(i never pilot myself:-)

I really think that adding some bofors in all maps with planes would be more fair for everyone.

example : husky,
the italian pilot just have to bomb the only bofor of the low base so that he can bomb the flag continuously.

too many maps has only 1 bofor to protect bases against planes.
all pilots knows were bofors are and how to bomb them in 1 second...

i remember playing kbely airport on another server, they had set the map with like 10 bofors on each flags...

that was too many bofors but franckly, the game was awesome for everyone...

trying to understand the elements that transform games into rapes and adding some new elements ot maps to avoid those raping, would be a very good idea ...
for example:

gazala: bofors in all flags (like 2 or 3)
do u really feel its normal that on 99,9 % of gazala map , planes can fly and bomb anyone without being targeted themselves ??...

husky: more bofors

algeila : ... nothing ..this map is perfect .. :-)

el alamein, just 1 more bofor in each flag

also the time spawning of vehicule is a litle slow on every maps

and the time to conquer flag is a bit fast ...

a few days ago, i spent 1 entire map (iwo jima) conquering flags, and every single time I conquer a flag, i hear "gib" in a plane coming to bomb me...no way to fight back ...
the immediate following map (telemark) gib left the server, dux arrived,
i conquered 5/6 flags in a couple of minutes, and as soon as the flag turns grey, i coul hear dux in plane coming and bombing till he got me.
I had 4 death in this game in a couple of minutes
4 of them were plane bombing
I left the server for 24 hours

ccl: give more chances to the weak :-)

bets vibes

sun