Daterminaytah, Bonedaddy and love on the high seas

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
Bonedaddy
Repeat Visitor

Daterminaytah, Bonedaddy and love on the high seas

Post by Bonedaddy »

There was an incident last night on the server which might be perceived as bad conduct on my part. I’d like to give a full accounting of my actions to ensure there aren’t any misunderstandings. It was a comedy of errors without malice.

The map was Midway at approximately 0400 GMT. (10pm Central US). Dater and myself were on Axis. Towards the end of the round I spawned on the rear-most destroyer and proceeded to the south flag. There were no other friendly ships at anchorage at that time.

As I got underway our carrier spawned directly in my path. I collided with it. After the collision my destroyer and the carrier were positioned side-by-side. Driving forward I noticed that I was dragging the carrier with me. Somehow the two ships were hooked together.

I reversed course in an attempt to free the two ships. A friendly flew over in a bomber and bombed me - I simply assumed because the pilot thought I was an unfriendly. On his return pass the pilot crashed into my ship and died (teamkill #1). I continued in reverse in an attempt to free the two ships. Another teammate took off from the carrier, bombed me, crashed into my ship and died (teamkill #2).

I finally freed the two ships by driving in reverse only to discover the battleship spawned directly to my rear and of course, I rammed into it also. At that point I found myself and my destroyer T-boned between the carrier and the battleship.

I finally maneuvered free of the two anchored ships all the while taking zook fire from the carrier. I scanned the carrier, did not see a tag, assumed it to be unfriendly and returned fire. Yes, I fired on our own carrier. Unfortunately I teamkilled Dater. Teamkill #3.

At that point I waited for autokick to put me out of my misery all the while Dater read me The Riot Act. I tried to explain to Dater in teamchat what had happened but the round ended.

Dater, I apologize for the teamkill.
Helping good girls go bad
[JiF]Tamedgloryson
Forum User

Re: Daterminaytah, Bonedaddy and love on the high seas

Post by [JiF]Tamedgloryson »

wow lol i never saw that happen before
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmUlKPthrag&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmUlKPthrag&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

ROMANCE on the High Seas! :faint:
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Thanks for that Bonedaddy.
Always good to know good players mess up occasionally too!! :lol:
I had to chuckle at your misfortune.
[JiF]rix
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rix »

Reminds me of your father Bonedaddy, Mr Nordberg at the ship:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTF7ABnxX-g
:keep:
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

good job on shooting daterminyatah, that will teach him to recognize the flag on the ship and look at the mini map(the boat is big on it).
next time shoot him twice :lol: :what:
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Daterminaytah »

i died that day ...... 3 times within minutes but alas i spawned yet once again.. on the next map ofcourse ;P