Looking for a program...

Speaks for itself
[JiF]Djsmg
Forum User

Looking for a program...

Post by [JiF]Djsmg »

Does anyone know of a program to convert postscript files to *.pdf files?

In a previous version of Adobe that I had installed on an older computer a "printer" was installed called Acrobat Distiller. What this item did was convert whatever I was sending to the printer to *.pdf files. So instead of converting word documents or excel spreadsheets (or other common formats) which Acrobat already does, the distiller would convert anything to a pdf document by using the postscript files. I know that newer version of Adobe can convert common formats to *.pdf but the custom design software I use is not capable of being converted (in fact, I cannot open the files using anything other than the custom software) and I can print them out but I cannot share the files electronically due to not everyone having the custom software.

So... I need to purchase a program that allows me to "print/create" *.pdf files for sharing and document backup for such a time that I cancel my current software contract and upgrade to better software.

I am not sure if newer versions of Adobe have this option...
I have decided to produce and sell a strong alcoholic drink called "Responsibly".
That way everyone in the country can get wasted drinking Responsibly.
And all the other drinks makers will be advertising for me on their cans with the slogan "please drink Responsibly".
Probably will annoy the government as well.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Re: Looking for a program...

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I think there is a program called pdfcreator (free) which works like a print to create pdf.
If you google it you should get some more info. It may be the package they installed on pc's to run with our Navision installation so that people could print a file which actually creates a pdf of it.
[JiF]Djsmg
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Djsmg »

Thanks Gav, it looks like it is exactly the program I am looking for 8)

I will download it and test it out tonight.
I have decided to produce and sell a strong alcoholic drink called "Responsibly".
That way everyone in the country can get wasted drinking Responsibly.
And all the other drinks makers will be advertising for me on their cans with the slogan "please drink Responsibly".
Probably will annoy the government as well.
seadogs
Forum User

Post by seadogs »

CutePDF lets you "print" any document to a .pdf

and its free.

http://www.cutepdf.com/
Mr. Seadogs
Dim.Dom | Lt Goose
Once, I hacked 127.0.0.1, My PC has never been the same since
id10t error, replace user and try again