Grand Theft Auto 4

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF]EA
JiF Member

Grand Theft Auto 4

Post by [JiF]EA »

Anyone else pick this one up yet? Not sure how many jiffers mess with the console at all. This game is visually stunning, while having a deep, and interesting story line. This game tops all the others, and is most likely the best console game I have ever played. It's worth trying out, and has been consuming what free time I have had. My finals are this week, and I will be out for the summer. With school done I'll have some free time to jump on the server.
I'm working on solving the gas crisis.
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Re: Grand Theft Auto 4

Post by Lonewolf-McQuade »

Have had it.. been playing it.. it's awesome.
[JiF]Buick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Buick »

If you guys wanna play some mp in Liberty City just add me on XBL and we'll play some deathmatches or races.
Cops and crooks is absolutely a blast!!
cya in Liberty City!
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Post by Lonewolf-McQuade »

I wish, but I'm a PS3 kinda guy so we can't play.. =\
[JiF]Buick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Buick »

Ya I'll be a PS3 kinda guy when MGS 4 comes out. Can't wait for that one.
But am gettin worried about the restrictions Konami put out on reviewers (mags, websites, etc) till the game is released.
The restrictions they did just lift are:
mentioning the length of cutscenes which are now known to be 90 minutes long...not a typo....90 minute long CUTSCENES
mentioning the install times...8 minute initial install then 2-3 minute installs between chapters
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

[JiF]Buick wrote:Ya I'll be a PS3 kinda guy when MGS 4 comes out. Can't wait for that one.
But am gettin worried about the restrictions Konami put out on reviewers (mags, websites, etc) till the game is released.
The restrictions they did just lift are:
mentioning the length of cutscenes which are now known to be 90 minutes long...not a typo....90 minute long CUTSCENES
mentioning the install times...8 minute initial install then 2-3 minute installs between chapters
Keep in mind that there are reportedly -multiple- 90 minute cutscenes. However it sounds like you can skip the cutscenes. Probably wouldn't the first time through but not being able to skip them killed the replay value of some of the earlier MGS games. I've heard the first half of the game is absolutely incredible but as the game goes on it gets less interactive and more of the cutscene/storyline thing.

I'm probably going to finally break down and get the MGS4 bundle today if BB still has them in stock. $500 and you can get $100 off if you get a Sony card. $400 for Sony's top-of-the-line PS3 with a very good BR player is probably enough to make me jump. Plus since I'll get reward points I'll see a few more bucks shaved off.