WW II strategy

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF]chaser
Forum User

WW II strategy

Post by [JiF]chaser »

A few years ago someone suggested a WW II strategy game... the post is old enough that it was on the old site, so it is not saved in the new forums... I can not remember the name of the game, and the cd(s) are long gone, but it was good enough that it came up in conversation today and i wanted to check to see if there was a new release.. if memory serves, Albie was the one who made the suggestion... anyone know what game I'm referring to?... I do not think it was A&A.
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Re: WW II strategy

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

I think maybe Operation Flash Point or was it that huge WWII online game that your thinking of, that one I don't remember.
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

[JiF]chaser
Forum User

Post by [JiF]chaser »

[JiF][AARP]Jimbo wrote:I think maybe Operation Flash Point or was it that huge WWII online game that your thinking of, that one I don't remember.
i looked at all the ones you mentioned, and don't 'think' they were it... arrggg :twisted: it was a heck of a game from a strategic standpoint... i'm going to dig through what discs i have left, but if memory serves i gave them to my cleaning ladies' grandson the last time i moved.. good for him 8) just wish i could remember because i would buy it again. :roll:
[JiF]chaser
Forum User

Post by [JiF]chaser »

Think it's Heart's of Iron II.. not sure, going to see if can order a digital download.. found it from this listing that contains a nice aggregation of WW II game listings by year.

--edit--

seems to be it, with some sequels to it as well:

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/index.php?o ... Itemid=138

the link above is to the list of HOI games, if interested in purchasing paradox sells online through gamersgate... HOI II is a 9.99 download available here

apparently for strategy game enthusiasts, the HOI sequels, and europa series are considered quite good.
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

[JiF]chaser wrote:Think it's Heart's of Iron II.. not sure, going to see if can order a digital download.. found it from this listing that contains a nice aggregation of WW II game listings by year.

--edit--

seems to be it, with some sequels to it as well:

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/index.php?o ... Itemid=138

the link above is to the list of HOI games, if interested in purchasing paradox sells online through gamersgate... HOI II is a 9.99 download available here

apparently for strategy game enthusiasts, the HOI sequels, and europa series are considered quite good.

Yeah that's the one that took Albie away for a good long while.

If you're looking more along the lines of a WWII RTS then Call of Heroes was arguably the best. But I'm pretty sure you were on the right course.