Crysis

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Crysis

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

I loaded Crysis with my new vid card and played it way too much on Sat. It was like the days when I first played HL or HL2 or BF42 -- I'll just play until I complete the next objective..... Then two hours later I'm thinking I better do something constructive before Tissuema'am gets home from work. I really enjoyed the first part. I like sneaking around and using the sniper rifle or getting close and using a pistol shot to the head. Now I'm fighting aliens and it is more brute force.

I deliberately didn't open the game on Sunday. Today she is back at work and I must resist opening it up too early. I've got important stuff to do. Like mail those packages I said I'd mail....
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Re: Crysis

Post by [JiF]corn »

I know what you mean. :lol:
When i get a new game, i have one track mind.

It becomes a goal to complete it before stepping away from it.
After the first few games i played non stop for 6 or 7 hours, my wife stepped in and wanted to know if that game was the one that birthed my children? :shock:

I almost said yes just to be funny.
I didn't and i am alive today. :D
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

LOL Corn.

I played Crysis on a middling card (GeForce 7900) and still enjoyed the hell out of it.

That sniper rifle can come in handy when the choppers show up -- I couple of well-aimed rounds into the tail rotor will do the trick.

Also, my wife is from Korea and I can speak the language passably -- most of the time the NK soldiers keep shouting "kae seki-til", literally "sons of bitches!"

I thought of selling my copy to a trader but kept it just in case I upgrade my card.
[JiF]Squeaky McSqueakums
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Squeaky McSqueakums »

i managed the game on a 7600, it wasn't pretty but it worked, once you are in the alien ship, the game goes downhill fast. I for one would have been completely content shooting the Koreans for twice as long with no storyline to speak of. who needs a plot when you have armed fortresses full of gullible AI, and a supersuit!
That's right, these posts are the result of the dedicated work of me and a room full of monkeys working diligently on our typewriters.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

I played on using a GeForce 6800. It is below minimums, but I could play. I recently got a 8800 GT and it plays better, but I think everything is still on low. I can't imagine what it must be like with WB's Dell Cray clone. I liked the earlier part better before you had to fight aliens. I'm going back through the game again on the harder setting and doing more exploring.
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

Tiss,

Did u make it all the way through then?

If not, wait till you are in the alien complex...omg... :shock:

ps. u should see COD4...Sly knows... the sniper guilly suit section was frickin phenomenal with the graphics!!

LT
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

I made it all the way through. Now I have a new monitor and a new vid card. I picked up a 22 inch LCD.
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

[JiF][AARP]Tissueman wrote:I made it all the way through. Now I have a new monitor and a new vid card. I picked up a 22 inch LCD.
Which monitor did you get? I'm back to my old 17" Sony Trinitron CRT and looking to upgrade.
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

[JiF]KellysHero wrote:
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman wrote:I made it all the way through. Now I have a new monitor and a new vid card. I picked up a 22 inch LCD.
Which monitor did you get? I'm back to my old 17" Sony Trinitron CRT and looking to upgrade.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... CatId=2775

I'm still getting used to it, but I like it so far.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

I replaying the SP version on easy doing some exploring and goofing around. I ended up without the LAW rocket launcher surrounded by bad guys. To make matters worse I had TWO helo's trying to gun me down. Fortunately I was playing on easy. I ended up dead and when the game restarted the two helo's decided to have a head on collision. It was pretty funny.