Custom Map Thursday

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Re: Custom Map Sunday

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:The custom bf map karden.rar is now on the same ftp for download. Just extract the file and put it in the maps folder of the original bf mod. Sooner or later we will probably try it out :)
Sooner, SOONER!
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF]LtWaterboy wrote: Grimp, actually I meant "paience" regarding 'not a lot of people were on the server playing the new maps'.

As you said...many people TRIED to get on, but kept getting booted cause the didnt pay attention & download & install the new ones... :)

Many people asked me about it yesterday (Monday) and immediately went to the sit and started downloading...

Sorry if I confoosed/misled ya with my quote!! ;)

LT
This new term "paience" .... is this a new word meaning empty server?

:lol:
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:Linky no worky.
Sorry about that Grimp, never thought that you were not registered on the site !

It's a good thing geeks can get around on the net ! :mrgreen:
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Oh, it worked eventually. DNS or site issue probably when I first tried it.
As long as we got the map everything will be fine :?
[JiF]LtComStarbuck
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtComStarbuck »

Toriq wrote:
LtStarbuck wrote:... well led by Waterboy and Torque ....

There was that one time on that spread out map with all the water and narrow roadways when you were guarding that far west outpost, the one all alone out there, and I came flying down the road in a jeep straight at the concrete bunker. I jumped out of the jeep as it was going full speed and went inside the concrete bunker...I turn around and the darn jeep is INSIDE the bunker with me! That was kind of odd, no? :lol: No idea how it fit in through the door with hardly a scratch. While I was scratching my head over the whole affair, you just had to kill me too. :oops:
Sorry mispelled your handle but I DID give you credit for leading the charge (with Waterboy) up that hill. And Yeah I remember that jeep thing was stunned to see it in there. Asked you about it at the time.
Very strange. Reminded my of Andy Griffith when Gober was told to answer the phone at the Sheriff's Office...he was also charged with fixing the squad car. Unable to do both he logically decided to take apart the car and put it back together inside the Office (so he could answer the phone.)
[JiF]EA
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]EA »

Downloading the maps now, doubt I'll be able to play on Sunday for awhile as I have to work, and I usually have papers due on Monday. Been really busy with work, college, and well...living the college life, but hopefully soon I can actually jump on the server.
I'm working on solving the gas crisis.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Are we doing this again this Sunday?

...I think it would be a good idea...imho of course.
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

^ Agree with him :lol:
[JiF]LtComStarbuck
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtComStarbuck »

[JiF]Stepovich wrote:Are we doing this again this Sunday?

...I think it would be a good idea...imho of course.
Roger that!

Was great fun last week and I (Imho) see no reason to NOT make it a weekly thing. More and more people will catch on. Last week was a nice corps of good players (well except that Starbuck lamer.)

My wife and I are heading up to Annapolis (45 miles north) to visit my mother Sunday but I will be joining in the fun in the evening.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." --AEImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I just played about 5 minutes of Karden COOP. Infantry slug fest for sure :shock: As it is the only COOP custom map it is set as the idle map.
It will come on when the server is empty and in the rotation both COOP and CQ will come up.
Benny
Repeat Visitor

Post by Benny »

Custom Map Sunday. The maps I played on where great. I couldn’t get into the Karden but I had lots of fun. 8) I look forward to next Sunday. :D :D :D
AKA - Headless Roland

[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

I think this was mentioned already, but is there a way to put a link on the front page that's not easy to miss for people to find the maps? I got a PM from a server regular saying he wasn't able to find the maps to play.

Also just mixing them in with the regular rotation, and having admins make announcements when they are about to come up, might help speed the integration of them.
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Just have them call me on my cell 1-800-BFMapHelp and I will zip over to their house and do it for them :wink:
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Nice big topic now on main game section. Should be read only to avoid it getting muddied up.
Let me know if you all can see it.
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:Nice big topic now on main game section. Should be read only to avoid it getting muddied up.
Let me know if you all can see it.
I can see it (tho the forum name includes something along the lines of @#$#@% at the end ;)).

But your post in there doesn't have the updated info people need to run Karden. Almost everyone yesterday had to take special steps to get that to run. The extracted RAR doesn't go to the correct directory. It looks like the extract moves the map resource file up a few directory levels. People have to manually put it down in the lower directory.

I don't know what happened to my post from yesterday.