[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Talk about a complete rip-off...

Post by [JiF]rIot »

Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Re: Talk about a complete rip-off...

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

Gawd, I must agree with you, but still, some people will pay to get ahead in a game, look at all the hackers that spend big bucks for supposedly undetectable hacks and still get caught. Talk about another waste of money !"
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Re: Talk about a complete rip-off...

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

Sir Die-a-lot wrote:Gawd, I must agree with you, but still, some people will pay to get ahead in a game, look at all the hackers that spend big bucks for supposedly undetectable hacks and still get caught. Talk about another waste of money !"
I think he was talking about BF Heroes being a rip off of TF2 - which it very clearly is although it's not clear that it'll matter. TF2 is very much so a skill game and while it's pretty easy to learn right off the bat it has been one of the hardest games for me to get to a point where I'm consistently having an effect on the win or loss of my team.

As far as people paying to get ahead they have stated that BF Heroes will only allow people to buy aesthetic customizations for their characters and are trying to not introduce a situation where people pay to get playing advantages.

What's really sad is that they thought this was a good idea instead of say taking BF 1942, patching it, adding adverts, and making that free. Having a game that can run on 7+ year old machines that has been completely debugged by billions(?) of hours of playtime by a huge community would seem to be a more marketable product then putting out a game that will likely follow the DICE tradition of being extraordinarily buggy on it's (delayed) release date but has cartoon characters.