Crysis released

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF]Buick
Forum User

Crysis released

Post by [JiF]Buick »

Got the special edition on release day....after some drama at Circuit City...but anywho...

What do you guys think so far?
I have been waiting for this for 3 1/2 yrs now...and it has been worth the wait. Yes , I am a Crytek fanboy..loved Far Cry.
The only gripe I have is I have to play on low settings cuz I do not have the system for anything more right now:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (1.8GHZ Barton Core)
ATI 9800 Pro AIW (128mb/256 bit)
1GB DDR Corsair XMS Pro LED Series @400mhz
Windows XP Pro /SP2
500W PSU
7.1 Creative Gigaworks Speakers
Soundblaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum

As you can see I barely make the minimum requirements but it does play but because of the 1 gig of memory
it takes a LOOONG time to come back into Windows desktop when exiting the game. Otherwise the game play flawlessly in this setup.
I'm extremely glad and impressed that Crytek made this game to play on such a wide array of systems.
In the official message boards peeps do have issues with Vista and DX10 and some SLI setups....but a patch will probably fix that soon.

It is worth buying and it lives up to the hype but be aware of said issues above. And another plus is you won't have to deal with any DRM nightmares
like in Bioshock.... :(

I still plan on building my next system solely for this game
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Re: Crysis released

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Finally got this today with some help from a BestBuy gift card. I'm able to run it at a little higher than medium settings and it runs fine. I don't dare go any higher though. So far I really like it, the nano suit is really fun. Cloak is so much fun. :)
ImageImage
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

As in my previous posts,

I feel that this game should have been Game of the Year. The whole story flow & finale were superb.

Might as well upgrade yout system now - Crysis 2 will be out b4 you know it!!! :)

LT
[JiF]Beezer
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Beezer »

my system does cyrsis on high and it runs fairly well :D
Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play.
-Immanuel Kant

ImageImage
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

I played it on a mix of low and medium settings, and enjoyed the heck out of it.

I was really sold early on when there was a NK chopper buzzing me and I had run out of rockets. Then I thought, "Hey, I've got this nifty, high-powered sniper rifle, let's see what it can do." So I put a couple of well-aimed shots into the tail rotor and sure enough, the chopper started to spin ot of control and crashed into a building. Pretty amazing.

I used the cloak feaure almost exclisively throughout the game, only needing the strength option now and then to do some big jumps.