Peggle

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF]Timmay!
Forum User

Peggle

Post by [JiF]Timmay! »

As a special bonus, those who pre-purchase The Orange Box via Steam will also receive a copy of Peggle Extreme. PopCap and Valve have teamed up to create a special edition of the game cited by MSNBC as one of the “Top 5 Most Addicting Games of All Time.” This first ever collaboration is themed around content from Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2 and Portal which will positively result in Extreme Fever.
Since I did the pre-order thing from value, I figured I'd check this game out.. It's really pretty good.

It's sortofa pinball machine. The ball comes out of the thing at the top/center of the screen - you rotate it around with the mouse then click to launch a ball. When the ball hits a block or a sphere, it bounces away (and bounces less forcefully if it's something you've hit before) and you get points. Once the ball drops off the bottom of the screen, the things you hit vanish. Get all the orange ones gone and you move to the next level - run out of balls (left side of the screen) and you have to start the level over. There's also various bonus things for points and improved aim and such.

Certainly worth a try if you're pre-ordering the Orange Box (10 levels or so for free) and, IMO, worth the $10 for the full version.

Can also find the demo, which may or may-not be the thing that comes with Orange Box pre-orders, here: http://www.popcap.com/games/peggle .
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: Peggle

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

So the preorder is a 10 level demo?
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

Ah, that's what it is. I remember my friend playing this during the summer one time when I was over at his house. Interesting how Steam and Valve are eating up all the casual gamers as well as the hardcore gamers..
[JiF]Timmay!
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Timmay! »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:So the preorder is a 10 level demo?
I think so.. You're supposed to get Peggle Extreme with the preorder but a 10-level demo isn't very extreme, IMO..

Still, it's free and it's fun.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Well I played all 10 levels and I am sorry its over :D Was pretty fun.