Let's discuss squad tactics

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Rush Server
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Let's discuss squad tactics

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Much as I would like to believe that when my side in a Rush map is humiliated with an early defeat it is due to lag or hacks, I have to admit that sometimes the other side just knows what they doing better than my side.

So maybe it would be useful to discuss some thing we can do when we are in a JiF Rush squad together.

One thing I've seen that seems to work well as Rush attackers is to have a squad be all Medics, and to always be near each other. So if one or two die, they can be instantly revived and still carry on. In a pinch, they can pick up a dead guy's kit to meet a special situation. But as Rush attackers, what you really need to do is clear out the defenders, get to the M-COM then keep up a stream of fire on the M-COM, and Medics can do that quite well.
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Re: Let's discuss squad tactics

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

I would agree, Medics are a must, especially for Rush Attackers. When you revive someone the death doesn't count towards your respawn tickets. I usually like being in a squad with two medics, at least one Assault for the balance and supplies and a recon

I've been playing medic a lot lately and I usually just stay in back of the squad for covering fire and to revive or heal anyone in action. I generally stick with an accurate LMG and the 4x ACOG scope. This helps keep the pressure on the defenders and to keep the respawn tickets available.

Also, I've seen A lot of rush attackers lose because too many people were sitting back sniping. I'm sure everyone has either seen or have been on one of these teams. I honestly don't see the point to having more than 3 snipers on a rush map, especially if all those recons are doing is sitting at the spawn with an m95. You can still be a sniper with a medium ranged weapon like the SVU and keep up with your squad. Having a recon in your squad is great for the artillery strikes and the motion mines.

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Re: Let's discuss squad tactics

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

It is so frustrating when over half your team plays as Sniper, even moreso when they can't hit anything!!
I have recently started to use the G3 as sniper and play in support of my squad. The motion mines are a massive bonus and it always helps to be able to call in the Arty before attacking a position.

You definitely need at least one medic in a squad though otherwise you can be wiped out and end up back at the spawn.
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula