Hating on the Carl Gustav

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Rush Server
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Hating on the Carl Gustav

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

I had a weird thing happen last night. While playing on a non-JiF Rush server, I was warned by the admin to stop using my Carl Gustav or be kicked. Someone else called me a "nub Carl Gustav player." Keep in mind this is a server that says it will kick players for "bunny-hopping," but still, I wonder if there is a backlash growing with regard to the CG.

Has anyone else seen something like this?
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Re: Hating on the Carl Gustav

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

So what they are saying is you should only use the CG as an anti vehicle weapon?
I've seen the Bunny Hopping thing before, but never a warning that you can't use all the weapons in your arsenal.
To me it is a server that should be avoided if they can't take the heat! The CG is a versatile weapon, but on non hardcore servers is limited in the damage it can do unless you are proficient in it's use. I can't believe people are taking umbrage against a player who is able to use just another class of weapon effctively.
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

Carl Gustav + explosive perk + augmented pouches = FTW ! 8 rockets of pure destruction.

Alas, it is true, some servers are starting to limit weapons use now. You,ll see the same thing for 40mm grenades as well. even servers that forbid the recon class. All against the ToS and against better judgment. As much as I hated getting creamed by the CG, it's still part of the kits available to us, so I learned to try and counter it.

now if I could do the same for those pesky GOL and M95 :hah:
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Sir Die -- That's the way I see it too. It's part of the game.

The CG does have a drawback -- if you fire and miss, it takes 3-4 seconds to reload. I've died lots of times trying to get the round in the damned launcher. Or died when in desperation I pulled out my pistol only to remember that it is in fact a dart gun. :shoot:
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

LoL, welcome to my club !

I also died quite a few misjudging the distance (or trying to temp fate) and suicided for being too close to my victim. But since I only just started enjoying it, I'm still learning.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Pretty poor that ppl can't handle players who master their arsenal.
I do know of servers that frown on the use of the 'noob-tube' (40mm nade launcher) but if you can't handle the gameplay, then go elsewhere
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I've started to use the CG as a sniper weapon! :what:
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Carl sucks depending on which end of it your on :)
I have tried to repair a tank a couple times with it. Never works well.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Me too Gav. The rocket has almost no drop at all, and I've picked off guys almost on the other side of the map. The RPG, on the other hand, has a very large drop, making it harder to aim at longer ranges.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Last night on the desert map I was in a house at point Alpha overlooking Beta. I was doing a general anti tank & spotting role. Saw an enemy running from Beta towards Charlie. When he got to the slope up I let loose & took him out!! :lol:
Better than a sniper gun any time.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

LOL. I had similar thing happen. I was on the attacking team on the Rush map with the lighthouse. I was on the hill overlooking the village, with the lighthouse on the right. Someone said in TS, "looks like a snipr is headed for the lighthouse." So I fired off a hail mary CG shell in his direction, and damn if it didn't hit him just as he got inside the lighthouse door. Someone else was on and can verify this. Best...shot....evah!

I'm sure he thought I was using an aimbot.
[JiF]Top321us
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Top321us »

I was the one on with you Stinky. It was a shot in a million! Could not believe you got him.

-- Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:39 pm --

I was the one on with you Stinky. It was a shot in a million! Could not believe you got him.
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

[JiF]Top321us wrote:I was the one on with you Stinky. It was a shot in a million! Could not believe you got him.

-- Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:39 pm --

Glitch in the Matrix.