32 Player Rush Server... Kepp it?

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Rush Server

Keep the 32 player server?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:49 pm

Yes keep it, I'm willing to donate!
No votes
No get rid of it, we don't need it.
67%
Lets drop the player count to make it cheaper.
33%

Total votes: 3

[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

32 Player Rush Server... Kepp it?

Post by [JiF]Mike »

What do you guys think? I've paid 2 months on it, it's about $50/mo and it hasn't been getting much use. Should we keep it around? I am willing to put like $20/mo twards it but I just can't justify the $50/mo by myself if it ain't gonna get used! I will be playing again just been busy with family stuff lately.

There are cheaper hosts out there, but this host is very good, and they aren't much cheaper. You pay for what you get in this case. Vote or comment. :shoot:
ImageImage
[JiF]EA
JiF Member

Re: 32 Player Rush Server... Kepp it?

Post by [JiF]EA »

Just an fyi mike our bc2 20 person server is being canceled after this billing cycle (about 3 weeks) as it has hardly been used in the last month. We were paying around $25 a month for that, and will be more than willing to donate to keep the rush server alive. I hope this solves this issue altogether lol.
I'm working on solving the gas crisis.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

I go to them and I am alone :( Friends thingy seems broke which is probably not helping.
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

I vote to keep it, however it would be more beneficial to downgrade it at least. A 32 player server is rather unnecessary. I wouldn't mind splitting the cost either.

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I would dontate but nobody's in there and never used anymore it seems we all end up going into the server the first guy in goes into. When we have enough, we go into ours but we always have to seed it with jiffers before anyone comes in :(
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

I voted to keep it but drop the player counter, to maybe 20. I don't like 32 player servers anyway - too much mayhem. I'll chip in.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

It won't let me vote :(
But I would vote drop count & keep.
Is there a way of doing a standing payment via paypal?
The problem at the minute is the Friend online box not working so we do not know who is online where, unless you can catch them on teamspeak.
I must admit to prefering the all meet up somewhere then when there are enough of us dropping in to our server to play amongst ourselves. It always seems more fun.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Of the 3 JiF BC2 servers, the Big Rush seems to get the most use. I don't play a lot conquest any more -- too much whack-a-mole. And 4-on-4 Rush isn't satisfying. Going down to 24 or 20 is fine with me.

I'm also willing to chip in -- just tell me how.
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

T'was fun last night none the less.

Main reason the servers stay empty (ours have the same malady), is that the ''Play now'' feature still isn't up to par and it will never put a player in a HC server. Plus, it tends to mix and send players to a server where the ones already in have ranks of the approximate same level.

So if all the JiFfers in the server are level 30 and up, it (the 'Play now' feature) will only send player of that level and above, but only if the server is vanilla. It is supposed to change with R15, but I doubt it.

And I hear that there will be included in R15 an admin tool to make Doc armed with only a pea shooter and a fly swatter, even though I'm pretty sure he'll still manage to pwn the crap outta enemy :shoot:
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

oh man..the poll doesn't work... :roll:

Well since the conquest server is going away that's reason enough to keep the Rush one going. I like having the squad rush server though. It's easier to get players on and once it fills it usually stays that way for a while. There's a lot more strategy involved I think too, if you get good players.

I will look into a paypal subscription option. I've seen it done other places, just have to figure out how to do it. Thank you all for your willingness to support the server! The cost of the server is $1.66/slot per month so keep the comments coming about how many slots the server should be.

Slots(players)/Cost per month
20 - $33.20
24 - $39.84
28 - $46.48
32 - $53.12
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

There are currently 3 servers, correct? How about a 20-24 conquest and a smaller rush?

Had some fun last night on the JiF server.
Even before that we were on some other pub and had lots of fun with the dart gun and Carl shooting down helos.
Doc had ammo and a dart gun, I had Carl and a dart gun, Step was being everything. We shot down a lot of helos and took out a lot of tanks.
Some how we managed to tag the flyby helos with darts. Even took out a tank Doc had darted from all the way accross the map. Made me giggle like a little girl :)
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I think, if we drop to 2 servers we'll play around with that mixed mode thing again. I see other servers doing it now so it must be working better.

If you would like to donate I've created a new post with info. Click Me!
ImageImage
[JiF]Top321us
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Top321us »

Hi -
I like the idea of going to two servers but if we do I would like to see us keep one of them a Rush server and the other a mixed server with conquest and death matches.
I also like the idea of dropping the rush server to 20/24 slots. 32 players just gets to be too much going on at times.

I will also get a paypal account setup Mike and get my donation sent.
thanks for all you do.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I've submitted a request to lower the player count to 20 as the renewal date is today. We can always change it if we find 20 isn't quite enough.
ImageImage