Apologies

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Rush Server
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Apologies

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

I want to apologize for last night in your 'Big jar of rush' server. I might have used language that was inappropriate cussing after the team killer in our squad, but I had lost patience after the 10 time.

It's a shame se can't type or chat while dead as the only time I could write something about him was while he was killing me or other team members. Grrrrrrr.

Anyhow, sorry if my conduct may have been seen out of place.
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Re: Apologies

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

I was there getting killed by the same guy. Eventually the ban worked and he should be gone forever now.
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

LoL SirDieAlot, you should have heard me on TS! Poor Gav and Uncle Stinky's ears - sorry guys!

I was ******* pissed!

TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived - TK'd - Revived

AHHHHHHHHH!

I can laugh at it now but wow it was terrible. Then the server crashed after we got it back fulll. It wasn't a fun and relaxing evening.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

You should have heard me trying to get the ban to work! Image Good thing my 4 year old was in the other room lol.

I found a bug report of this problem and it's server related. It wasn't the tool I used. I suspected it was a server issue when I tried another tool and had the same result. The only way around this is to type in the console command manually. Hope they fix this one soon, cause this is the second time it's happened. Now I have to find out how to type in console commands... :roll:
ImageImage
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

Do you want to make all of us that are admins in 42 admins in this so we can all help out?
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

That is the idea yes! However until this problem is resolved I'm not sure having a bunch of frustrated admins is a great idea. :)

I just found a new admin tool and am going to set it up on the Big Rush server. It has some different features that really interest me, but it is in alpha testing right now. The best thing about these tools is the in-game admin commands. Not having to leave the server to kick/ban someone is simply terrific imo....when it works anyway! lol

Keep an eye on the BC2 Admin forum for info. I spend way more time than I probably should playing around with admin stuff. :]
ImageImage
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

Mike, do you use WolfCon or ProCon ?

If the later, one of my friends is on the developing team for it so maybe I can put you in touch with him.

And thanks guys for understanding.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

ProCon is setup for all 3, however I just got WolfCon and have it monitoring the BiG Jar of Rush server now. I like ProCon, just trying out WolfCon as it seems to have a couple of different features. I like ProCon's user management feature better, and the in-game commands seem better than WolfCon's.

If ProCon is looking for places to test newer releases, I'd be happy to help out.
ImageImage
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

I'll let them know