BC2/Squad Rush introduction for those who haven't played.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Rush Server
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

BC2/Squad Rush introduction for those who haven't played.

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I'm liking the Squad Rush server. I'm also playing around with some video editing stuff. This was just a very quick edit. Then I added some annotations via YouTube so it's easier (I hope) to follow the action for those who have never played BC2. Figured it would be a good watch for people on the fence about buying the game. The object here is to defend point A which is right in front of me. I never move so you should be able to follow it well enough. You'll get a feeling for the environment and some of the things that are happening without a lot of fancy cut scenes and highlights. It's a simple video with a simple purpose. You can also hear some TeamSpeak chat, but my responses weren't recorded.

You may want to click the video when it starts playing to open it's youtube page. It'll be bigger, and you can go full screen with it. It was submitted at 720p but that isn't an option. You can choose to watch it at 480 though...have to do some reading about getting videos to play at 720p.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJhh5EQ943Q[/video]

This was recorded with Fraps on my laptop.
ImageImage
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Re: BC2/Squad Rush introduction for those who haven't played

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

Nice! I think i'll grab it for the PC when i get a new computer.. but that will take some time.

About the quality, when you render it (This is what i use at Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 to get it at 1080p) Choose the template as "6.4 Mbps HD 1080-24p Video". It took me about 2 hours to render, but that was okay for the quality it had. I also filmed with fraps at 60FPS.
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Excellent vid Mike. A good guide as to how not to attack! They weren't nearly sneaky enough.
You were worried about the fence being destructible. That great big fuel storage tank you were crouching next to would have spread you into the next map if someone had thought to hit it & clear anybody from that area.
I wonder why they call 1 class Recon? Hmmm is that because they can check the area out 1st from long distance & find the defenders before launching an assault. It's not the sniper class, remember that. I think the location sensors still work on the large map you can call up. One of those may be of use to locate defenders too. Remember it's the Recon class. They are given those special weapons & gadgets for a reason.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

[JiF]Cesar wrote:Nice! I think i'll grab it for the PC when i get a new computer.. but that will take some time.

About the quality, when you render it (This is what i use at Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 to get it at 1080p) Choose the template as "6.4 Mbps HD 1080-24p Video". It took me about 2 hours to render, but that was okay for the quality it had. I also filmed with fraps at 60FPS.
The video I uploaded was 720p, I don't know what youtube requires. Haven't taken a look at the requirements yet.
[JiF]Lt Gav wrote: You were worried about the fence being destructible. That great big fuel storage tank you were crouching next to would have spread you into the next map if someone had thought to hit it & clear anybody from that area.
I didn't think about the tank! lol I was very lucky this round, I really expected to be found at any moment. It was a rather fun round though. :)
ImageImage