Client R7 and Server R10 change log

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Rush Server
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Client R7 and Server R10 change log

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

Looks like we will be getting some great updates soon, check it out!!!

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlef ... gelog.aspx

Just to name a few...

- New Server Browser
- Added minimum number of players needed to start a round (you can play and take objectives but you will get no score until 4 or more players join the server)
- Added 15 second spawn timer for Conquest/Rush gamemodes at the start of round to prevent high end machines getting the upper hand before other machines load in.
- Reduced the brightness in Russian vehicles
- Server filter options are remembered
- Zooming in on a friendly using the SAIGA no longer causes the crosshair to disappear
- Kit/gadget loadout saved between sessions
– Window on static guns is now transparent on DirectX 9 systems
- Added weapon balance tweaks to a number of weapons

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Re: Client R7 and Server R10 change log

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Those look like nice changes. I really wish they would for once release a BF game without serious bugs and issues. Every new BF game has serious issues for the first month or two after release. Some of the stuff in this patch should have been in on day 1. :roll:

Not to mention....

Punkbuster is required ON for ranked servers

About time! Maybe we'll start seeing more players with that change.
ImageImage
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

umm..interesting...

MP – Isla Innocentes MCOM building fixed where knifing the fence would destroy the building
ImageImage
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

[JiF]Mike wrote:umm..interesting...

MP – Isla Innocentes MCOM building fixed where knifing the fence would destroy the building
Haha yea, there is a video of this on youtube. It's one of those load bearing fences.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CUgxG3eC44[/video]

I knew about it but didn't want to use or let others know, but now that there's a fix it's pretty hilarious!

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

:shock:
ImageImage
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Just got a notice from the host of the BC2 32 player Rush server that they are in the process of upgrading all servers to R10!
ImageImage
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Well the new server browser is nice, can even search for hardcode servers. However when I joined the so called hardcore server I had filtered for..it was a regular server.... what the heck man! :shoot:
ImageImage
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

[JiF]Mike wrote:Well the new server browser is nice, can even search for hardcode servers. However when I joined the so called hardcore server I had filtered for..it was a regular server.... what the heck man! :shoot:
There was an emergency server patch released (R11) that dealt with this problem. So it should be fixed as of now , hopefully lol

[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

So do we need to download anything, or is it automatic?
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

[JiF]Uncle Stinky wrote:So do we need to download anything, or is it automatic?
Nope, its only server side and the patch is suppose to be automatically applied to our servers.

[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

All the servers are running R11 now I believe, they were all reset a few hours ago.

While it's nice they released a patch so quick, why, oh why is their QA so poor. How did such a basic thing get through testing? I know complaining on these forums gets no where...but it makes me feel better to vent. :)
ImageImage
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

I am having big problems today. My list of servers does not include the JiF ones. And when I try to enter a JiF server through a friend, it says it can't connect to EA Online.

I also don't seem to have the same search filters as Gib does (no HC option, e.g.) amd it is still taking FOREVER to load the server list.

This sucks.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I cleared the filters, then put in [JiF] as a search term. All three server showed up within a few seconds and I was able to add them to my favorites again. You were on the server tonight so hope you got it sorted!
ImageImage
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Well I'm stuffed now!
I couldn't get on the [JiF] server with everyone else (same message as Stinky). Did a search & found that I was getting no results returned on any search.
So thinks I, must have to update. So I ran the updater programme. When it got to the end it said it couldn't move the BFBC2.exe file from the patched folder.
The upshot is the damn thing will not run now. :evil: :shoot:
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

I had to manually run the updater from the game's folder on my hard drive. There were two update application files there -- I used the one that said BC2-MCE, or something like that. It did work, and I was able to get on. I wonder why my game does not automatically upate?

I also updated my nVidia graphics drivers -- there was a new version put out for my X 250 gts card release don April 13, and it seems to have improved the game graphics.