Client R7 and Server R10 change log

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Rush Server
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Re: Client R7 and Server R10 change log

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Ha I'm a genius!

I thought through the problem & guessed that something was stopping the file being copied & overwriting the original.
So as I worked out last night I had unloaded my virus scanner it had to be a windows thing.
I was right. It was the security settings of Windows 7. I had to knock it out to minimal settings, rerun the update program & "Bob's your uncle!" the game started. :D
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

LOL.

I use the expression "Bob's your uncle" all the time at work, and people just stare at me.

I picked it up from my older brother's wife, who is from Weston-super-Mare.

I haven't yet tried out "It's Shank's pony for me" though.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

[JiF]Uncle Stinky wrote: I wonder why my game does not automatically upate?
If you right click the game in your games list and go to properties there's an Update tab. If you haven't checked it, it may be set to manually update or something.
ImageImage
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

[JiF]Mike wrote:... oh why is their QA so poor. How did such a basic thing get through testing?...
EA and Dice have ALWAYS had next to non-existing QA. Starting with 42 going through ALL editions of their BF line the exact same issues are experienced on release as if they have a learning disability:

Server browsing and favorites has always been the same issues.
Tweaking of weapons. I remember the huge nerf to the M60 in Vietenam and the BF2 GL.

Just to name 2, pretty much 80% off all the issues are the same from game to game. It defies logic! I guess they have no long term memory...lol