An Epic Rush Match

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Rush Server
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

An Epic Rush Match

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Guys, playing that last Rush map last night -- where twice the defenders got the attackers down to 20+ tickets -- was among the most fun experiences I've had on the computer in years.

I am growing to like the Rush maps more and more, especially if there are enough people on each side. What appeals to me is that I have a better sense of what the strategy is, and what my role is. Some of the conquest maps are like whack-a-mole; you cap a flag, they cap a flag, and you keep running between them, often getting cut down by a sniper. I also like the nuances with Rush maps, like the importance of flanking as the attacker.

I just wish more JiFfers would use Teamspeak. It was a HUGE help last night as the defenders. You don't need an expensive headset to properly use it. I am now using a $10 table microphone I bought at Microcenter, and my computer's speakers. So c'mon, Grimp, Jimbo, Doc, Shell, et al, get on TS!

Oh, and my new best friend's name is Carl, as in Carl Gustav. :shoot:
Last edited by [JiF]Uncle Stinky on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[JiF]EA
JiF Member

Re: An Epic Rush Match

Post by [JiF]EA »

I definitely agree with the TS thing. It helps out tremendously in rush maps.
I'm working on solving the gas crisis.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Have to agree with you Stinky, that was real good fun last night.
Trying to pick good defensive positions & work out what kit was needed depending on how they attacked. It also showed the need for co-ordination, for which as you say a set up so you can talk to your squad, is vital.
I really thought we were going to do it a couple of times when we got them down to 20 odd tickets left.
Certainly is a good way to boost your points totals too, especially when Grimp managed to oblige by finding all the mines I kept leaving lying around! :twisted:
Oh & playing assault & dropping you ammo boxes to keep Carl well fed too.
Makes you wonder should we have played Objective mode on BF42 more?
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Hey..I'm on TS pretty much every time I play! :D In fact I have it setup so my left alt is talk on TS and right alt is squad talk through BF. Quite handy. :)
ImageImage
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Ooops, my bad. Last night I told the other guy who was on TS with me, "It says Nagle is on but he must be AFK." The response was, "Um, I'm Nagle."

I'll edit you out of my OP, Mike. My bad.
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

Gotta agree as well with the TS strategy. The In-game voice is horrible and it's vital to be in communication with your team/squad. Last nights rush game was absolutely amazing! I'm also starting to like the rush maps better than the simple conquest ones. Makes the fight more enjoyable when you keep moving from point to point and the defending team keeps getting pushed back.

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I've only used the in-game voice a few times and it seemed to work well enough. I have a Creative Headset with a detachable mic but my wife doesn't like me using it cause I can't hear her when she talks to me. :) The last couple of nights I've just used the mic built into my laptop. I assume it works ok. Being on TS to talk with your team can really change the game for everyone. I'll have to figure out the keyboard commands...I think you can set a key combination to switch between channels. If we get enough people using it we might want to separate the teams during the game. Although it is fun to hear 2 members talk about where they are when you're on the opposite team. :lol:
ImageImage
[JiF]Nagle
Repeat Visitor

Post by [JiF]Nagle »

Last nights rush game was epic.... I forgot to mention that it went on sooo long 3 peoples games crashed, I don't know how everyone else did, but I hit like 15000 pts, made it through one entire upgrade on assault, and got 33 pins.

TS is awesome. It definitely is useful for game play, but also great for building camaraderie. Besides, how else are you supposed to make fun of Riceman's failed attempts as a sniper.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Yeah...and it's nice to have some idea of where doc is. "Just saw Doc at A" "Just got killed by Doc over at the bridge" "Doc is up on the roof..again" lol :P
ImageImage
[JiF]Riceman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Riceman »

[JiF]Nagle wrote:Last nights rush game was epic.... I forgot to mention that it went on sooo long 3 peoples games crashed, I don't know how everyone else did, but I hit like 15000 pts, made it through one entire upgrade on assault, and got 33 pins.

TS is awesome. It definitely is useful for game play, but also great for building camaraderie. Besides, how else are you supposed to make fun of Riceman's failed attempts as a sniper.

Hahaha so true, I remember hearing EA on TS, "Man whoever is sniper should just give up already"

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephen Hawking
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

LOL. I sometimes laugh when I hear those bullets from the automatic sniper rifle whizzing by me. They sound like gnats. Like you could just brush them away with your hand, and say, "Now cut that out!"
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

TS just does not like my PC. I can listen, but can't talk. It also seems to completely break my sound now and then and I have to reboot.
Win 7 64 with Intel MB and some on board sound thingy. Doc got his to work. I may try some USB head phones and see how that goes.
Kinda made me realize that nobody is hearing me in game either. I thought they just did not want to respond :)
All I can say about Jimbo is he is a grumpy old man and you probably don't want to talk to him anyway :)
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:...All I can say about Jimbo is he is a grumpy old man and you probably don't want to talk to him anyway :)
And that's different from the rest of us? :razz: :lol:
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

He also is using a MAC. I dunno if I want to talk to MAC people while gaming. You know how they can be ;)
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

Oh I bring grumpy to a whole new level and grimp had to sit next to me at work so he knows what he is talking about. As far as the Mac goes, I am not having any problem with my sound :) even running windows 7. But maybe I just don't want to talk to anyone. Actually I have stayed away from it because I have had two may instances where people are trying to use it and it screws sound up in game and gets annoying real fast. <<<< grumpy