Mouse love

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Rush Server
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Mouse love

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

I've always had a feeling my mouse was a bit sluggish when playing FPS's, even BF1942. So yesterday I splurged and bought a Logitech G500 gaming mouse at Best Buy. It was $69, but you can get it cheaper on-line.

I've played with it for only about an hour on BC2, but man what a diference form my standard Microsoft scroll mouse. The movements are much smoother, and the ergonomics perfect for my palming style of play. It has a set of weights that you can insert or remove, thus giving you the right heft. The mouse allows you to adjust DPI on the fly (up to 5700). It also has 10 easily programmable buttons. I've got one now set for Ctrl, so I can crouch and move at the same time with ease. I'll program others for voice chat and throwing a nade.

Not that this will make me like Doc in BC2 or Gib in BF1942, but I must say I am satsfieid with the money spent.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Re: Mouse love

Post by [JiF]Mike »

ahh man... I've been wondering about my mouse for a while now too. Now I'm gonna have to spend some money. :roll:
ImageImage
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

Do spend Mike.

I bought a leftover Logitech G5 for half it's original going price and love it.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I was thinking about one of the Razr mice. I really like my wireless mouse, but I think the Razr wireless gaming mouse is quite a bit. Have to look around I guess.
ImageImage
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Thanks for the heads up Stinky.
I too am looking for a new mouse & keyboard for work ahem :lol:
My current mouse I use at home is a really basic MS notebook job, which has this occasional tendency to spin for no reason.
Any body use Bluetooth connection? Or is a wireless USB like I have at work the better option?
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

[JiF]Lt Gav wrote:Thanks for the heads up Stinky.
I too am looking for a new mouse & keyboard for work ahem :lol:
My current mouse I use at home is a really basic MS notebook job, which has this occasional tendency to spin for no reason.
Any body use Bluetooth connection? Or is a wireless USB like I have at work the better option?
I used to have that spinning thing and it took me ages to work out what it was - in the end I solved it by getting a better mouse mat, invest in a decent mat with the proper type of reflective surface for an optical mouse and you will notice a real difference, also wired mice are generally better than wireless unless you spend big and buy a decent brand like Logitec
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

<ahem> "Behold the hammer of Thor, er Gib, the implement of your doom!:

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razeru ... .169418100

hehe.

I got it a few months ago. Wireless, perfect signal. Feels great and I've been able to see the difference in game play. It's expensive so maybe the one Stinky got is a better buy/value. It's got 5600dpi precision and you can change(and I do) on the fly with the 2 thumb buttons for say inf or when in a tank and you want faster movement to turn that turret but slower and more precise when ground pounding.

Its got a rechargeable mount that plugs into a usb port so no more dicking with recharable batteries. Love that feature.

All that and its got a cool led blue glow outline. It is too damn sexy I tell ya.

;) :shoot:
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

[JiF]Gib wrote:<ahem> "Behold the hammer of Thor, er Gib, the implement of your doom!:

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razeru ... .169418100

hehe.

I got it a few months ago. Wireless, perfect signal. Feels great and I've been able to see the difference in game play. It's expensive so maybe the one Stinky got is a better buy/value. It's got 5600dpi precision and you can change(and I do) on the fly with the 2 thumb buttons for say inf or when in a tank and you want faster movement to turn that turret but slower and more precise when ground pounding.

Its got a rechargeable mount that plugs into a usb port so no more dicking with recharable batteries. Love that feature.

All that and its got a cool led blue glow outline. It is too damn sexy I tell ya.

;) :shoot:
That's the one I've been looking at!! The price tag is a bit scary though.... I'm seriously considering heading down to BestBuy tonight to grab one. I paid $100 for the mouse I have now a couple years ago so this isn't really that much more. You really like it I guess huh?

PS - holy cow with the quote colors...need to find and change that!
ImageImage
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Well I did it. :D Now you can all fear me!!!!

Seriously nice mouse... can't wait to give it a try in a bit.
ImageImage
[JiF]Lonewolf
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lonewolf »

I use the Logitech G7 wireless gaming mouse and love it. It has the adjustable DPI on the fly and like 8 or 10 programmable buttons. I'm not sure if they still make it or not but I need to get a new one as I have mine almost worn out.
You must be young and stupid before you can be old and wise.
[JiF]EA
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]EA »

I use a razr mouse, and headset. Love razr products. I would settle for nothing less. Now all I need is a razr keyboard haha.
I'm working on solving the gas crisis.
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

i ve got a logitech G1 it was very cheat, bout 20-bucks maybe no extra buttons but i love it.
i do have very big hands and this one hist fits perfectly
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.